Before I tell you the substitutes, let me first cover up the principles of keto diet, and why are we educating you to replace carbohydrates in Ketogenic diet?
Ketogenic diet is an LCHF diet which is High Fat and Low Carb diet where you keep your total Macro intake in the day as follows:
Fats: 75%, Proteins: 20% and Carbohydrates: 5%
Now, while we have discussed the break-up, let us also understand why HIGH FAT and LOW CARBS?
The reason is we want the body to consider fat is a primary source of energy rather than carbohydrates which later converts into glycogen and gets stored in the body. If your total glycogen is not utilized in the day, it is going to get converted to fat and gets stored in the body too. (Not good right!!!)
While we get our body use to fat as the primary source of energy, we are adapting the body to store no fat… YEPPPY!!!! 🙂
And that should be our goal, isn’t it? To not gain weight ever!
Now let us understand how we can start reducing our daily carbohydrate intake and start replacing it with useful low carb options or even high far options:
I will be covering 3 categories in this article:
- Keto Macros
For Keto Macros, here is the complete list:
- Atta Roti/ Chapati: Can be made of Almond Flour, Coconut flour, Amond+coconut flour or even Fat Head Dough
- Chilla: You can have Almond Flour Chila, Almond flour + Flaxseeds flour, Almond Flour + Psyllium Husk
- Dosa: You can have dosa made of similar options as chilla
- Rice: Rice can be replaced with Cauliflower and can be used in any rice recipes
- Bread: You can bake your own bread using keto 90s mug bread, eggless bread with almond flour, cake base, etc
- Pancakes: Berry pancakes, Vanilla, and chocolate-flavored pancakes
In fruits, not all fruits are keto-friendly. I would suggest you stick to only low carb options. Here is the list:
- All English berries: Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Strawberries
- All India berries: Mulberries/ Shehtoot, Gooseberries/ Amla (pickled form), Cape Gooseberry/ Rasbhari, Kanta berry/ Kantam, Wild Blueberries/ Phalsey, Coconut, cherries & olives
Here is the list for sweeteners:
Only these 4 are keto-friendly as they are natural sweeteners:
- Monk Fruit Extract
You can make many things using this, like summer coolers, cakes & pastries, cookies. You can also use it in tea or coffee.
If you followed these steps and were successfully able to master this process, I will be happy to know your experience. Either write to me about it on my email id email@example.com or use this link to DM me on messenger: asksneha.in
For more updates, get added on my VIP Facebook group as well: https://bit.ly/kfsvipgroup
“Sneha is a passionate entrepreneur, who believes in frugality and minimalism. She holds her roots in spirituality. She is a fitness enthusiast, a marathon runner, holds a physiotherapy degree & nutrition is her second love after fitness. She is on a mission to help 1,00,000 people live longer, be healthier & lose weight using the ketogenic diet. She is a ketogenic diet expert and a health educator. She would like to help you in your journey of achieving great success, longevity & prosperity by improving both your internal game (mental wellness) as well as your external game (methods to achieve your weight loss goal.”
To connect with her, take this body assessment test and we will schedule your free appointment: https://calendly.com/fitpiq/15min